December 2016 - Reflection

This month I have been reflecting over what has happened in 2016, and the best word that comes to mind is: blessed. I’m blessed with an amazing family. I’m blessed with a job that I am not only passionate about, but also one that I love. I’m blessed with like-minded colleagues who love each other – they really have become some of the best friends I have. I am blessed with a Godly team of friends who stand with me, pray for me, and donate to support my work. I am humbled.

Back in December of 2015, God was preparing my heart to move away from home to Columbus to do His work with Created Equal. Since then I have grown so much personally--in my walk with God, in my faith, in my ability to defend my beliefs, and many other ways.

One opportunity I’ve had to share Christ was when I approached a homeless man at a laundromat. He had been using the laundromat phone to call someone and was telling them that he was going to turn himself in to the police. I stopped him as he was leaving. I told him I overheard part of his phone call, and no matter what he was dealing with, there is always forgiveness through Jesus. I shared the gospel with him and told him of the redemption that I have experienced.

This past month I had a chance to work with an organization called “She Has a Name” who helps women coming out of human trafficking and other dark situations. Hearing these ladies’ stories of what they have been through and the redemption they have experienced reminds me of the overwhelming grace of God. Of all the blessings that I have known (more than anything else) I’m blessed beyond measure to know what redemption is and to be called a child of God. I pray that each of you can say the same.


Our Created Equal Christmas party
“Alas! and did my Savior Bleed And did my Sov’reign die? Would He devote that sacred head for such a worm as I? Was it for crimes that I had done He groaned upon the tree? Amazing pity! grace unknown! And love beyond degree!”                     -Isaac Watts, At The Cross
Spending time with family over Christmas break

Popular posts from this blog

Curing Misconceptions About Abortion

A Crazy Week in Washington