“I’m glad I didn’t get killed.” - A Child's Response to Injustice

The Boy in my story
He was just a little boy, maybe 6 or 7 years old, carrying what appeared to be an old laptop and obviously heading somewhere. From when I first saw him, I was struck by the sincerity of his countenance and wanted to talk to him. Our team was outside of a local killing center here in Columbus, and we were just packing up when I noticed this boy had stopped and was staring at one of our signs. I wasn’t sure if he understood what he was looking at, so I went up to him and asked him what he thought about that picture. He shrugged. I told him that is what abortion looks like and that is what happens inside of this building. His concern for these children was evident on his face as he asked: “They kill babies? Why?”


I didn’t know how to explain it other than telling him that some people think there is a good excuse for it. “That’s not good,” he said, shaking his head. Pointing to a prenatal image of an 8-week-old baby, I asked him if he knew that’s what he looked like inside his mommy when he was only 8 weeks old. He nodded, and then said something that I can still hear ringing inside my head. “I’m glad I didn’t get killed.”

Out of the mouths of babes. Every time I have seen childrens’ reactions to this injustice, I am more convinced that they understand the killing better than anyone, and they despise it BECAUSE they’re innocent. They don’t overthink issues, but think simply. After a rough week of outreach talking to college, high school, & business people, I enjoy nothing more than to spend time with little children. I wanted to try to understand what this little guy was thinking because when an innocent child sees an innocent victim, they yearn for justice.

Understanding this injustice should drive us to our knees to pray and be willing to do whatever the Lord asks us to do so that we can bring this injustice to an end. This thanksgiving, as we are reminded to show gratitude for all we have, let’s also remember to thank God for the gift of life, and ask Him to help us not take it for granted.

You can help me continue my full-time work here in Columbus with Created Equal by joining my monthly support team. The holiday season is here and tax season is right around the corner, so as you consider ways you will give, please think about the babies that will never have a chance to celebrate Christmas and give towards my work saving lives. These babies are being killed 2,900 times every day in the US alone, and as Christians, we have a duty to speak up for those who can’t speak for themselves. Not everyone has an abortion mill in their neighborhood to stand and pray outside of, and not everyone can be on the streets showing truth and changing minds. But each of you can take part in this work! Please keep me in your prayers as I try to complete my fundraising this month, and as I continue to fight for these children. God bless you!
An abortion supporter tries to hide the gruesome reality of what she supports.

Answering 4 high school girl’s questions last week. It was neat to see them begin understanding that abortion is always wrong.

Popular posts from this blog

Curing Misconceptions About Abortion

A Crazy Week in Washington

December 2016 - Reflection