The Anniversary That Never Should Have Been
“There is a part of me that doesn’t want to celebrate [our organization’s] anniversaries because it means that the killing is still happening.” -Mark Harrington
| Outreach on our Spring Justice Ride with first-time rider Julia. |
On occasion I worry about all the work that needs done before abortion will end, the minds that need changed, the necessary cultural shift in thought towards the value of humans, the hearts that need turned from sin and toward our Creator, when I stop and remember something vital. How little I am. I have no control in the lives of people I talk with. Every mind I see changed, every baby saved, every life repenting towards Christ: none of this is my work. It is the Lord’s.
I love what Charles Spurgeon said about our responsibility as Christians:
“We are not responsible to God for the soul that are saved, but we are responsible for the Gospel that is preached, and for the way in which we preach it.”
I am encouraged as well as challenged by this truth. Encouraged because the end of abortion is not ultimately up to me, and challenged to be ever careful of how I communicate with my words and actions.
Our team is getting ready for the biggest and busiest season of the year for our organization.
After our spring Justice Ride, students were looking for ways to stay active in the abortion debate and decided to apply for our summer internship program. We now have a team of 12 interns that are getting ready to join us for the summer!
One of our interns, Victoria, said: “I haven't stopped thinking about the mission since the Justice Ride ended. My heart aches to give this all I can.”
Evangeline, another intern, said:
“I like how Created Equal's mission understands that the Gospel and the pro-life message go hand-in-hand.”
Evangeline understands that solely educating people about abortion is not enough. Don’t misunderstand me, when one mind is changed on abortion, that is an awesome thing! But changing a mind is the beginning of one’s eyes opening to truth.
Ultimately the truth of Christ’s work on the cross and a relationship with Him is what saves lives.
If you haven’t already, will you please join my monthly financial team working to save lives? I need you to continue this work.Click here and enter your gift amount in the bar marked “Intern RB” so your donation will go to me. Your donations are tax-deductible.
God bless you!
