“I’m telling her about Created Equal, who helped save her life.”

Baby Monica. Read more about her story and others HERE

After months of praying for “Tracy,” and her preborn baby “Monica,” who was almost killed by abortion, it brought tears to my eyes to read this message we received from Monica’s grandma:

“I had the honor (and major heart tug) of wheeling her [Monica] down to her adoptive parents when she was only an hour old. The Holy Spirit was SO present in that room when I handed mom her new baby and the things that were said made the 3 nurses who went with me sob, in a good way! I’m writing her a letter and I’m telling her about Created Equal who helped save her life. God Bless all of you! Now go get ‘em at the schools, boy do they need you! Much love!” -Monica’s Grandma 

A volunteer Jacqueline, listens in to my conversations as she learns how to respectfully create dialogue with the opposing viewpoint at Ohio State University.

Tracy was being abused and threatened by Monica’s father. Thinking abortion was her only choice, Tracy found an out of state abortion facility that would kill Monica at 30 weeks gestation.
But Tracy’s mom reached out to us, and we provided information about adoption and critical services to make sure they were protected from the abusive father. 
Now, after several weeks of working with the family, ongoing prayer, and support, we just received the birth announcement and photo of beautiful Monica. 

Another baby at risk of death by dismemberment has been saved! Praise God!

While our Road Trip for Life was outside of a PA Planned Parenthood (see the team in the below picture), 18-year-old “Allison,” who already had one child and was pregnant with her second, came out of the facility. Emma, our field assistant, reached out to her, expressing compassion and offering her resources. 

After seeing what a child aborted at 15 weeks old looks like, Allison said: 

“I am terrified to be a mom again, and my mother is going to be mad, but I can’t do that to my baby. My baby doesn’t deserve to die!”


As you join our team at Created Equal in giving thanks to God for the lives like Monica’s that have been spared from abortion, will you also give financially so that this work can continue?

I greatly rely on your generosity during Thanksgiving and the Christmas season!  

If you are not able to be a part of my monthly support team, 
will you consider sending a special year-end gift? 
Created Equal is a 501©(3) non-profit, so every donation you give is tax-deductible!

Click HERE then enter an amount in the bar marked “for Rachel Burkey” so your donation will go to me. 
Send checks to: PO Box 360502 Columbus, OH 43236, make them out to “Created Equal” and put my name in the memo line. 

I’m SO close to my goal for 2017, but I’m still looking for 5 more people to join my team giving $30/month.

Will you be one of those 5 people? 


I’m overwhelmed as I continue to see the Lord increase the fruit of our labor. 
Stories like these remind me how faithful our God is! 
So many times, I find it easy to take for granted how good I have life. I never want to lose sight of my Savior, and the amazing grace that I have in Him, for which I am so grateful. 
Praise the Lord that in Christ, we are covered in HIS righteousness! 

What have you been giving thanks for this Thanksgiving?


Signing off, Rachel Burkey


Your special year-end gifts help me through each year.
Since Created Equal is a 501©(3) non-profit, 100% of your gift is tax-deductible!
Happy Thanksgiving!


Our first ever Road Trip for Life: Jeremiah; Lauren; Adam; Emma; and Sam, the team Captain. The team reached 6 states, travelling over 3,200 miles last month! They began their mornings counseling those entering abortion facilities. Next, they displayed abortion victims on college campuses to create public dialogue. Then they finished their day with outreach at high schools.

While the Road Trip for Life was away, the rest of us, in Columbus, stayed busy here in Ohio!
Here I am (in the blue) answering questions during open mic Q&A time at Columbus State Community College.

Popular posts from this blog

Curing Misconceptions About Abortion

A Crazy Week in Washington

December 2016 - Reflection