Family. Abortion. CHRISTMAS. What Happens When They Mix?






Personal Highlights from 2017:
Winter: Celebrating Christmas at the farm with my family.
Spring: My friend Sarah’s wedding in ID. Our family took a road trip to TX for my brother Joshua’s graduation from the ALERT academy.
Fall: Attending the WIT Alive! Conference with my family in Indiana. My brother Daniel and his girlfriend Hannah got engaged! My sister Elizabeth and her boyfriend Jacob also got engaged!
Winter: Travelling to GA with my sister and some friends to help cook for a lady’s conference. Getting ready for some bridal showers and weddings next spring! =)

Highlights from 2017 at Created Equal:
§  260 Individual Outreach Events, averaging over 1 outreach for every single business day this year!
§  We launched our first “Road Trip for Life” – during which 3 babies were saved - PRAISE THE LORD! (I wrote about this in my last post)
§  Created Equal pressured Stericycle, a waste management company, to quit removing the bodies of dead babies from Planned Parenthoods across the entire country.  This has put pressure on Planned Parenthood as they struggle to find a replacement and many of their clinics are facing shut down!
§  “I couldn’t possibly remain pro-choice after seeing this…”  -A Pro-choice advocate after witnessing what abortion does to a baby.
________________________________________________________________________

 “What I do with my donations from month to month does not even compare to the courage, sacrifice and inspired action of the many young people of Created Equal. They are taking this fight right into the belly of the intellectual beast -- our colleges. I praise God that they are there, making a difference and opening up hearts and minds to the ugly reality of abortion on demand.” -Murdock, Supporter in TX
________________________________________________________________________

Hello Friends! Are you looking forward to Christmas? I sure am! Lord willing, I’m going home and spending it with my family!
Especially with 2 engaged siblings, I’ve been reflecting on the beauty of God’s design of family. I have SO much to be grateful for. Not only good relationships with my siblings, but also parents that love each other. Christmas time is often a difficult time for many because of family, whether it be a reminder of a death, lack of family, or other family pain. I’m sure you can understand what I’m saying.

This last Saturday, some friends and I went Christmas caroling at “Founders” a local surgical abortion facility. 

We stood outside the building singing about the Holy Birth of the Christ Child, His Blood that was shed to redeem mankind, and the Joy that we have in the blessing of knowing Him as our Savior and King. 
As women would walk in, I told them about available resources, encouraging them to turn away and choose life for them and their baby (many women feel they must choose between them and their child). 
While we were there, one couple did turn away and decided not to stay for their appointment! We don’t know if they were there for an abortion or an abortion consultation, but pray with us that this mother continues to make wise choices and ultimately finds eternal life in Christ.
Later that day, my colleague Sam said, “You know, it makes sense that they left. Christmas is a horrible time to have an abortion.”  Not that there is ever a good time, but Christmas is a time of celebration with FAMILY. Abortion does away with fathers, as it does away with families. 
Abortion has no use for either fathers or families. When families and fathers do exist, they exist in antagonism to the abortion industry.
Will you pray with me for opportunities to minister the love of Christ to those suffering from the pain of an abortion this Christmas?  

I DEPEND on your generosity at Christmas time, because I raise about 30% of my support in December! 

100% of what you give is tax-deductible. As you send your year-end gifts to favorite charities, will you give towards changing hearts and minds, and saving lives of preborn babies?

CLICK HERE, then enter an amount in the bar marked “for Rachel Burkey”. Or mail donations to: PO Box 360502 Columbus, OH 43236. Write checks to “Created Equal” and put my name in the memo line.

Blessings to you all, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

P.S. I can’t say THANK YOU enough for your support. It’s because of you that I can continue this vital work. It is humbling and overwhelming to know that I have dozens of fellow Christ-followers keeping me in their prayers. Thank you! 
All gifts mailed in should be postmarked by December 31st to be counted as a tax-deductible gift in 2017.
Praise God for His continued work through my life, and through your obedience!


Top - Bottom: 1) Sarah, our Giving Specialist, hands out brochures and educates a group of young men at a local high school. 2, 3, & 5) At Columbus high schools I ask students what they think of abortion and answer their questions. Many of them are seeing abortion for the first time. We consistently see fruit from our outreaches at high schools. High school seems to be a time when many of these students are deciding what they believe for themselves.  It’s encouraging to see so many decide that abortion is always wrong. (Many of our abortion victim photos have something in the background for size reference, like a coin, stamp, etc.) 4) Julia, one of our Justice Riders, brought her sister along with us when joining us for our outreach at Purdue University in Indiana last spring. The passion to defend preborn children is contagious!  


 

Popular posts from this blog

Curing Misconceptions About Abortion

A Crazy Week in Washington

Over 1,300 Minds Changed In 2019: Our Awesome God At Work