“The arguments you made cut straight to my heart...I’ve been affected by this.” - Touching Hearts and Changing Minds on the Spring Justice Ride!

Our Justice Ride team at the University of Florida. 

 “The arguments you made cut straight to my heart... ...I’ve been affected by this.” –Aaron, UF Student

Last week Created Equal’s Justice Ride arrived back from a week of training and outreaches at major universities throughout Florida.

I really enjoy doing some of the administrative planning work for the Justice Ride, and am always blessed to see the fruit of our work during outreach. As a staff member on the trip, my role during outreach shifts from one of primarily creating conversations, to overseeing our Riders in their outreach, and helping them in their conversations with passersby. At one point during the middle of the day on Wednesday at the University of Florida, (UF) I took a step back from everything and called to my colleague Seth: 


“Hey Seth, just look around for a minute. Is this not awesome?!”


What was I calling his attention to?
As we scanned the outreach site, all of our Justice Riders, one after another, were in conversation with UF students. 
I saw one student scratch his head and respond to our Rider:
“I don’t know, I’ll have to think about that one!”
Shaking hands; handing out brochures; one Rider stood with bowed head, outstretched hand on another student’s shoulder, they were praying together.

Thank you Jesus, for using this work to glorify your name! 


First-time Rider Victoriann engages students in dialogue.
Have you ever stopped to think about how powerful our God is, that He can take a wretched sinner like one of us, and use us to glorify Himself? That is so AMAZING. 
I hope that as we remember the death and celebrate the Resurrection of our Risen Savior this Easter season, we will remember to reach out to and pray for family and friends who do not yet know the awesome Grace of Jesus Christ.

First-time Rider Zach prays with a young man he met on campus.

Veteran Rider Ellianna shakes hands with a student after giving a persuasive case for the lives of pre-born babies.

Wednesday after outreach, I left the Justice Ride early to fly back home for my sister’s wedding. Within three weeks, first Daniel and then Elizabeth, my older siblings, married 2 amazing people. I am so excited to welcome Jacob and Hannah in the family and get two more siblings!
I am SO blessed with a family that I love like crazy!!!


Elizabeth and Jacob


Hannah and Daniel



This year, I need 13 people to start giving $50/month, or 26 people giving $25/month! If you aren’t yet part of my monthly support team, will you join me in this work of saving lives and sharing the gospel?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curing Misconceptions About Abortion

A Crazy Week in Washington

December 2016 - Reflection