“After thinking more about what you said, I prayed and asked God’s forgiveness for my sins…” - Daniella

ABOVE, left to right: 
1) a young man who is struggling with depression at a high school in Chicago asks our team Captain, Sam Riley, to pray for him; 
2) I point to a picture of a 15 week old aborted baby and ask: “Do you think this is a person?” 
3) Silas, our Special Projects Coordinator, hands a brochure to a student and answers his questions on abortion.


_________________________________________________________________
The last month I have been on our Spring Road Trip For Life, travelling to colleges, high schools, and abortion facilities throughout the Midwest. One of my favorite conversations was about two hours long with a man named Asar at Western Michigan University. We chatted about abortion for a while before it became clear to me that he held an atheistic worldview. He mentioned that he did not believe his life had value, so I took the opportunity to share my faith with him.

“I’m a Christian, and I know that your life DOES have value, not just because I value you as a human, but because your Creator made you in His image, and He gives you value.”
I went on to explain the Gospel to him, and how all men are lost and condemned apart from the redemption that comes through Christ. We talked about the problems with his worldview that only a Christian worldview makes sense of, for example the atheist has no explanation for knowing that his reasoning works, but I can know that God gave me knowledge and reasoning, that the laws of logic come from God, and therefore I have a basis for reasoning, apart from myself. As our conversation ended, I offered him a gospel of John that I carried with me, and he accepted it, saying that he would read it!

A couple weeks ago in Indiana one of our volunteers, Anna, talked with a lady named Daniella about abortion, when the conversation turned to moral relativism and then the gospel. Daneilla texted Anna back after she left, saying that after thinking more about their conversation she prayed and asked God for forgiveness of her sins! PRAISE THE LORD for continuing to use our work to further His Kingdom!

If you do not already, will you support my work financially so that I can stay on the streets bringing the good news of Jesus Christ to the hurting, and working to save lives of these babies who are being killed everyday by abortion? 
Our website has been updated and looks a bit different: Click HERE to give directly to my work.

In HIM,

Rachel Burkey


P.S. Please pray for Asar, Danielle, and the many others we have shared the Gospel with this month. 
_________________________________________________________________Below: 
1) Getting ready to head out on the Road Trip For Life. I spent almost the entire month of April on the road with this amazing team of preborn defenders, sharing the Gospel and truth of abortion in the public square-changing minds and pointing people to Christ. 

2) The last day of the Road Trip, which was also my 22nd birthday. We were in Lexington, KY at the University of Kentucky. 
During 3 different conversations, I shared the gospel with people who had a very twisted view of God. 
The last girl I talked with seemed very closed to Christianity at first, but at the end of the conversation, she left saying that I made some good points and she had to think about what I said. 
Praise God for His working in her heart! It was an amazing day.

To think that the God of the Universe would use a wretch like me to further His Kingdom, and to bring Him glory... 
'Tis truly incredible. 

I am the most blessed and happiest person that I know!



Below: I went hiking in Hocking Hills with some friends from Indiana and Michigan who drove out for the weekend. So thankful for the fellowship and encouragement from Christian friends!

Our team in Columbus stayed busy while the Road Trip team was gone. Below my colleague Sarah is pleading with a mom going inside Planned Parenthood at our National Protest of Planned Parenthood last weekend. Praise the LORD, one mom decided to turn away from Planned Parenthood that day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curing Misconceptions About Abortion

A Crazy Week in Washington

December 2016 - Reflection