 |
| Above:Various outreaches from the Spring Road Trip For Life |
When you put this
[abortion] in perspective and show me pictures, I question whether or not it’s
ok… but still think a woman has a choice."
|
*12 minutes later*
“I agree. That’s gruesome. You changed
my mind on abortion!” – Autumn
|
|
|
|
|
I want to share a couple stories with you from our last week on the Spring Road Trip For Life.1) I talked with Autumn at Western Kentucky University, (see above quote) who originally thought abortion was ok, but began to question her view just by seeing a picture of what abortion does to a baby. By the end of the conversation, after asking a few questions on her position, she realized that any position in support of abortion is indefensible, so she changed her mind, and asked how to take action about this injustice!2) A young man, “V.” approached me on campus and after talking about the problem of abortion for a while, he told me about his friend Jasmine. Just that previous week Jasmine found out that she is pregnant. I grabbed our information for young moms considering abortion, some resources that are available to her, and my contact info, and he agreed to take it to her. I encouraged him to talk to her as soon as possible, reminding him that a little baby’s life could depend on him. From what V. told me, it sounds like Jasmine is being pressured to get an abortion by her boyfriend.
Today I was thinking about last month, being on the road all 4 weeks of April, having 3 outreaches a day - 5 days a week, and how incredible it is to see the Lord moving hearts of people. As I was thinking on this, I got the following news from one of our summer interns:
“Quan and Destiny left their abortion appointment and are in Women’s Care Center for counselling and an ultrasound right now!”
|
|
|
One more baby was
saved from abortion through our sidewalk counselling efforts! Please
pray with me for Jasmine and girls like her who are considering
abortion, and also for Quan and Destiny, that the Lord will continue to
open their eyes to the truth, and that they will come to know Him as
their Savior.
I rely on your financial support to bring the
good news of Jesus Christ to the hurting, have conversations to change
minds like Autumn’s, and to save the babies who are being killed
everyday by abortion. Click HERE
to support me.
God bless you,
Rachel Burkey
_________________________________________________________ Below: 1) “The arguments you made cut straight to my
heart… I’ve been affected by this.” - Aaron, the student at the
University of Florida that I shared about last month. 2) This student sat down near the picture of a
15-week-old aborted baby to observe our outreach during his break.
After our conversation, his mind began to open towards the Lord and the
truth of abortion.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Thank you SO much for your prayers and support.
My goal for is to have 13 more people joining my team at $50/month,
or 26 people giving $25/month!
If you aren’t yet part of my monthly support team, will you join me?
You can GIVE ONLINE HERE
or you can make a check
out to Created Equal,
write "RB" in the memo line, and mail it to:
Created Equal
PO Box
360502
Columbus, OH 43236
Donations are
tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
|
|
|
BELOW:
My roommate Summer and I watching the High School play "Beauty and
the Beast" that a local school did this month.
|
|
|
|
|
|

Comments