The Power of Gentleness | October 2018
Last week, our team had just begun setting up signs outside
of a local high school, preparing to talk to the students as they walked home
from school. While setting up signs across the street from the bus’s exit, I
heard three women behind my back (apparently bus drivers) talking among
themselves about me.
“Who does she think she is, that
she can bring this stuff [referring to pictures of the babies] here at a school
for everyone to see?”
“She’s just here to show what kind
of psychotic human being she is.”
They continued to chat back and forth. As I finished putting
the signs up, I wondered about the best way to respond. I turned to cross the
street as I looked up towards them and smiled, pretending that I had not heard
a word they said. I greeted them and asked for their thoughts on abortion.
One woman named Tina, began defending abortion in the case
of a baby being conceived in rape. I explained the logical conclusion of her
position, and posed a question:
“The argument for abortion in the
case of rape says that if her [the baby’s] father had acted violently towards
her mother, then she doesn’t matter, but if her parents loved each other then
she does matter. What does that say about those whose parents have acted violently
towards each other? Are they less
valuable?”
Tina stopped dead in her tracks, thinking hard. She admitted
that she did believe they have value, and before she left she agreed that all
humans, born and pre-born, are created equal.
Tina, Michelle, and Lisa all shook my hand before they
headed back to their buses and thanked me for talking to them. Afterwards
Proverbs 15:1 came to mind:
“A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir
up anger.”
I realized that had I not responded
to them in a gentle way, the result of our conversation could have been
completely different. I pray for these three ladies even today, that they will
come to a saving knowledge of Christ and understand the value of each human
made in God’s image. The Lord is teaching me how to see every person that I have contact with as an image bearer of Him. Please pray for me and support me financially
as I continue to reach those without Christ, and those who defend killing
innocent babies.
God bless you,
Pictures:
1) Our volunteer Grace, on the Road Trip For Life, winsomely defending the babies.
In just one week the RTFL team saw 148 people change their minds on abortion!
2) Evangeline talking to a mom outside of Planned Parenthood. TWO BABIES were saved in one day, praise GOD!
One mom who cancelled her abortion said:
“My baby really has a beating heart? I’m going to go down the street (to a pro-life pregnancy center) instead and hear what they have to say... I do agree with you [that it’s always wrong to take a baby’s life]” -S
3&4) I shared on a panel about full-time pro-life activism at the annual PLM (Protect Life Michigan) "Ignite and Equip" conference this month.
Protect Life Michigan is a great organization working to equip students on colleges and high schools all throughout MI to reach their schools with the truth that abortion is morally wrong. We love what they are doing and are grateful to work with them. If you are in/near Michigan, check them out!
5) Created Equal's group at the Protect Life MI conference.





Comments