"This is wild. I learned a lot today." - Minds are Being Changed!

Coretz stood motionless not 10 feet from me. It was not his presence that was notable, but rather his countenance: stopped dead in his tracks; eyes filled with horror, unbelief, and pity; jaw dropped; staring. Staring at our JumboTron TV screen that showed a late-term baby being decapitated during an abortion. He glanced around him as apathetic people walked on past, with a look on his face that asked if this could be real. 
I was conducting outreach on the campus of the University of Toledo, OH, along with the rest of the Created Equal team.



I introduced myself and asked him if he thought abortion was ever OK. Cortez had seen the horror of abortion and his heart was beginning to be appropriately softened towards the plight of the preborn. However, he said that abortion was OK if the baby would be raised in poverty. He claimed that bringing a child into an unstable financial environment was worse than having that same child killed by abortion.

As I pointed to a sign next to us of an 8-week-old aborted baby, I asked: 
“So you’re saying that if this baby’s parents were homeless, it would be OK to kill him. But if this baby’s parents were millionaires, it would not be OK?” He paused. 

“Oh, yeah. I see what you’re saying. It’s messed up.”

 I wanted to make sure his heart and head were on the same track, so I explained how we know scientifically that human life begins at fertilization, as I showed him the pictures in our brochure of a human at various stages in life: embryo, fetus, newborn, toddler, teenager, adult, elderly. He nodded his understanding, and pointed to the picture of the tiny human at her first stage of life, as he said: 
“It’s a human from that moment on… This is wild. I learned a lot today."

As the Lord continues to use me in this work, I need you to continue supporting my ministry. In the last couple months, I have had 2 donors unable to continue their support. This month I need two people to support me with $50/month, and 1 person to support me with $20/month to help me catch up to my goal for this year. 
Click HERE OR mail checks for “Created Equal” with “RB” in the memo line to: 
PO Box 360502; Columbus, OH 43236

God bless you!
Rachel Burkey

P.S. The early bird deadline for our Spring Justice Ride is 10/31/18. The Ride is March 2-9, 2018! If you know any college/high school students, encourage them to use their Spring Break to change minds, save lives, and offer help to post-abortive women, by joining us. 
To find out more about the Justice Ride, WATCH THIS VIDEO and CLICK HERE to apply online.

Top: Cortez, staring at an aborted baby on the JumboTron TV screen.

Below:
1) Collage: Outreach at University of Toledo, OH.
A crowd gathers around as Seth answers questions during open mic; Protesters hold signs in support of abortion; Students walk past and take literature from our team; The JumboTron TV in the background representing the victims of abortion while our team converses with students. 
OVER 30 students (that we know of) changed their minds on abortion that day!

2) Speaking at a home-school conference in Mississippi last weekend! 

3) I drove back from MS together with some former interns/Justice Riders, and we stopped in Birmingham, AL to visit a memorial for the Freedom Riders. 
L-R: Myself, Joy, Nathaniel, Kenton, and Grace.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curing Misconceptions About Abortion

A Crazy Week in Washington

December 2016 - Reflection