“That Sounds Like Jesus!” | The Gospel Understood | November Update/Album


 “That sounds like Jesus!” this young Jewish student at Florida Atlantic University said, after my friend Sam read to her the entire chapter of Isaiah 53. 
She then told Sam she did not believe the messiah would be God, so Sam read to her from Isaiah 9:6 that says:
“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.”
She was amazed and excited to begin realizing that the MESSIAH HAS come! Sam got her information to follow up with her later – pray that the Lord will continue to open her eyes.

Above: My colleagues and I creating conversation at Florida International University. I’m on the right of the picture, talking to Dariel. Read the whole story about Dariel below!
Above: James prays with a student after talking with him.
Below: Evangeline points to a picture of the babies while making the case for life to these two students.

I’m only able to continue this ministry with your financial support. If you can’t join my monthly support team, will you please consider giving a special year-end gift of any size? Donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. A few months of the year my support is down, and December is one month where I heavily rely on your generous one-time gifts. CLICK HERE to support me financially. Any gift helps!

The Gospel Understood
“What do you think about abortion?” I asked as Dariel walked up. He began defending abortion and I asked him questions to help him realize abortion is wrong. It was a pretty normal conversation, and Dariel ended up changing his mind and agreeing that abortion is always wrong. We chatted a bit and I asked him what he was studying on campus. Then I asked another question: 
“Where do you think our value as humans comes from?” 

He was not sure, but thought it was just something that we humans attribute to each other. I shared how I know that we are image bearers of our Creator, and as such, are valuable. I used the law to show Dariel his need for salvation from his sins, and then shared the gospel with him. I explained how a good and just Judge cannot let a guilty person walk free, and how his sins need paid for when he recognized his guilt before God. 
I went on to tell him the good news of Christ’s work on the cross and how my sins are paid for and on judgement day, when God looks at me, He will see me covered by Christ’s righteousness.

Suddenly, Dariel's eyes lit up and he said: 
“Oh, I get it now! I did not understand that before, but I get it now!”

It was SO sweet. He had previously heard of Christianity, but for the FIRST time in his life he began to understand the gospel. It was crazy awesome to be a part of – he was by far the most receptive person I’ve shared the gospel with.
I gave him a gospel of John, and he was very excited to begin reading it. He left saying: “I’m going to read this right now!”
Please pray for Dariel and others like him that we have met. Pray for strength and encouragement for our team as we prepare for a new year of outreach. If you don’t already, please support me financially as I continue to reach those without Christ.

Before 2018 ends, I am looking for one more person to join my monthly support team at $100/month. 
Will you fill this need?  Checks should be written to “Created Equal” and put “RB” in the memo line. Mail to: PO Box 360502; Columbus, OH 43236 OR CLICK HERE to give a secure online gift.

I hope you and your family had a blessed Thanksgiving. 
Psalm 107:8 "Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men! For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness."
---

BABY SAVED: Ramone (left) stared at a picture of an aborted baby, and told my colleague Ian:
“I just changed my mind on everything, man. I’m in a situation right now where the girl is like, ‘I don’t want to have the baby.’ I’m like, I don’t want to have the baby either, but. . . I don’t want to do that. . . I think this … just got me right here. . . I am gonna call her and say, ‘let’s put it in God’s hands.’ If we’re not meant to have a baby, then let God be the judge of that.”
---
Below: Me (1st picture) and a volunteer, Jenna, (2nd picture) creating conversations on campus. These people that I talked with admitted that abortion is ultimately a selfish action.
Last picture: My favorite picture from our family vacation in GA.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curing Misconceptions About Abortion

A Crazy Week in Washington

December 2016 - Reflection