"I Can't Be Pro-Choice... I Cannot Support my Right to Choose Anymore."


"It was the MSU vs OSU game I was attending when I saw your graphic abortion truck driving passed me... I had an abortion a couple of months before that and in the crowd of people waiting to cross the street, I felt horrible. I haven't told anybody about the abortion. …It's too bad it has taken such a horrible picture to make me realize I can never ever do this again… The father dumped me after the abortion. I regret the fact I listened to him because he ended up not being there anyway. It is not just abortions. The big graphic was the worst for me though. Literally everywhere there is someone talking about their pregnancy or their baby and it's a constant battle on the inside. I was always pro-choice, but I didn't think I would ever personally have one [an abortion]. But I did, and it is the worst decision I ever made. I decided to finally contact you, because
I can't be pro-choice anymore... I cannot support my right to choose anymore. Why couldn't I have been exposed to abortion when I was in school? Maybe I wouldn't have had to see it afterwards and be horrified I did that. It eats at me every day and I feel so ashamed and there's days where guilt and regret consume me. I wanted to sink away into the crowd. Just disappear. I really think if I had known I wouldn't have went through with it. I've been an agnostic the last few years. I know there is a God, but I live my life like there isn't one… …I'm miserable because my baby is dead. It wouldn't make sense to contact a group who is anti-abortion if they made you miserable, but I just wish I had known, so that's why I'm here and to say I can't support that anymore.” – “Teresa” 

...

We recently received this heartbreaking story from “Teresa,” a post-abortive mother. The awful reality of abortion was seen, and we brought truth to this young mother’s life. In our response to Teresa we shared the Gospel, how Christ’s death has paid the price for sin, and how she can be forgiven and covered in the Righteousness of Christ, through faith. I don’t know where her heart is right now, but I am driven to reach more and more people with the truth of the Gospel, and the reality of the sin of abortion. Sin separates us from God, and the results of our sin are often devastating, like it was for Teresa.

I just got back from a high school outreach in Columbus and saw so many student’s jaw’s drop upon realizing what abortion does to these babies. One girl that I spoke with changed her mind on abortion, deciding it was always wrong. Many other students didn’t want to have a conversation but took a brochure as they passed by. I pray that as a result of our outreach today and every day, many babies like Teresa’s will be spared from the abortionist’s forceps.

Pray for Teresa and others hurting from abortion’s effects, that they will know true healing and forgiveness through Christ. Our Justice Ride is only a couple weeks away! Please pray that our students will grow spiritually as they become defenders of truth, for babies to be saved, minds to be changed, and that above all, the Lord would be glorified through our outreaches and conversations.

God bless you, Rachel Burkey

P.S. I need your financial support so I can continue this full-time ministry.
CLICK HERE or make check out to “Created Equal” and write my initials, “RB” in the memo line.
Mail checks to: PO Box 360502; Columbus, OH 43236.

Top Photo: the truck that Teresa talks about.
Middle and bottom photos: Answering questions/defending the preborn at local Columbus high schools.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curing Misconceptions About Abortion

A Crazy Week in Washington

December 2016 - Reflection