Passage of the Heartbeat Bill and the Moral Myopia of the Left



On April 11th, 2019, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine signed into law a “Heartbeat Bill” that requires abortion facilities to use ultrasound equipment that can detect a preborn baby’s heartbeat as early as 6 weeks and bans all abortions of those babies with detectable heartbeats. In opposition, a democratic Rep. cited the historical oppression of African Americans and proposed an amendment that would exempt these moms, allowing their babies to be aborted. Created Equal’s president, Mark Harrington’s articulate response was impeccable:

“To reference owning humans as a defense of dismembering them is moral myopia. If it is wrong to own humans, it is also wrong to intentionally kill them.”

Thankfully that amendment failed, and this bill will still save African American babies. We know that this legislation is not enough, we need to end intentionally killing ANY and ALL innocent children, not just those with detectable heartbeats, but we are still celebrating because after this is battled in court and upheld as law, it will save thousands of babies every year. This is the closest we’ve ever been to ending abortion in Ohio.

Pray: for an end to abortion. For Dakota (mom who saved her baby last month), the lady this week who saved her baby (see captions) and their 2 little ones. Pray for our Road Trip team, who is finishing the 3-week tour in WI this last week of April. On a more personal note, pray for my brother Daniel and his wife Hannah. Daniel is joining the Marine reserves and is currently in boot-camp (below pic) for the next few months. Pray for strength and health for them both (physically/spiritually) as they anxiously wait for graduation.


I hope you all had a blessed Easter/Resurrection Sunday!

In Christ who has made us new, 
Rachel Burkey

P.S. Please join my support team! CLICK HERE to donate online or to donate with check: Make check out to “Created Equal” and write my initials, “RB” in the memo line. Mail to:
PO Box 360502; Columbus, OH 43236.

Top photos:
1) Some of the Created Equal team on April 10th with the tenacious and determined Janet Porter, (center) celebrating the passing of the heartbeat bill. For the past 9 years Janet has single-handedly worked to put life-saving measures for preborn babies into law.

2) Talking to a protester in the State House, who held a sign that read: “How Dare You” after the passing of the heartbeat bill. I challenged her denial of the scientific facts I presented, proving the preborn to be distinct, living, and whole human beings. After realizing she had no answer, she walked away.

Below photos:
1) I speak to a captive audience this week at Pickerington High School, who left with a new understanding of human equality, and the immorality of abortion.

2)
I warned a woman at a local abortion facility how abortion could hurt her and how it will kill her child. As she left, I asked if we could help. This exchange followed:   Me: Are you here for an abortion?
Her: I was, but I’m not coming back.
Me: So, are you keeping your baby?
Her: Yeah.
Praise GOD!!!

3) My brother Daniel in boot-camp. I'm not exactly sure what he's doing, but by his face it looks like he's having fun. =) 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curing Misconceptions About Abortion

A Crazy Week in Washington

December 2016 - Reflection