Lesbian Becomes Anti-Abortion: Sees Her Need For Christ


During this week’s Day of Action I met Winter. After talking a few minutes, she changed her mind on abortion - saying that she had never considered this from the baby’s view.

Winter began to tell me about herself. She loosely calls herself a Christian, is lesbian, and hopes that God will forgive her because of her good works. I asked if I could give her a “good person test,” and after going through 3 of the 10 commandments, she understood her guilt before God.

I shared the gospel with Winter and explained how our only hope of Salvation is through the finished work of Jesus Christ, not in ourselves. I described the transaction that took place in my life, the exchange of my sins for Christ’s Righteousness.

“Winter, has this transaction happened in your life?” I asked.

“No.” She said, troubled.
“I walk on the outside [of Christianity]. I’ve been going to a local church but they’re too accepting of me. What you’re saying is making me think that maybe I should go somewhere where I’m uncomfortable, maybe I’m complacent… I am in trouble [spiritually].”
I invited Winter to come to church with me and gave her my information. Pray with me that God will continue to work in Winter’s heart, convicting her of sin and drawing her to Himself.
“Thank you, you’re an angel to me today.” Winter said as we hugged and parted ways.

I only have room to share bits and pieces of these stories, but I want to share and encourage you, because I’m encouraged every time I see the Lord working like this. 

It’s because of my support team that conversations like this can happen. I’m not just talking about financial support – I’m also talking about my family in Christ keeping our team here at Created Equal in your prayers. God has the power to change hearts and minds – not us. This is His work! CLICK HERE to give financially. Please continue praying for us, that in everything we will glorify God, and not grow weary in doing good.

Photos: 
1) Our group of recruits ready for the Day of Action.
2-3) Day of Action volunteers Hannah and Abe converse with passersby and ask: “What do you think about abortion?” while pointing to photos of babies next to them.
4) Sam and I role-playing an outreach conversation. I’m pretending to be pro-abortion, and Sam shows the audience how to ask good questions and winsomely present the case for life.
5) At a pro-abortion rally, this woman holds a sign that reads: “I don’t regret my abortion.” Behind her, intern Ellianna shows the reality of abortion.
6) Sidewalk counselling outside of Planned Parenthood.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curing Misconceptions About Abortion

A Crazy Week in Washington

December 2016 - Reflection