"Abortion Stains You” - Conversations with Abortion Minded Moms
“Last time we did this, we met Dakota,” * my friend Austin said this morning as we pulled out of our office, driving to a local abortion facility. (See P.S.) We prayed together before arriving, and I told God that though we’re honored to serve Him in this way, we wish it was not necessary. Thirteen babies die in our city every day, and we try to talk to each of those babies’ parents every Friday morning. Today was especially encouraging because two moms who came considering abortion, left and headed to the local pregnancy resource center.
Then I met Abbie* who was just leaving her abortion consultation. She has 3 born children and was overwhelmed to find out that her 4th was on the way. I talked about ways that we can help her, and about the value and gift this little one is. I told her, “You have 3 children, you’ve seen their ultrasounds, so you know that this is a little human growing inside of you.” She nodded, agreeing, but said that she was going to decide [to abort or not] within a week. Please pray for Abbie.
She thanked me for my concern and let me pray with her before she had to leave. She cried throughout our conversation, showing that she felt convicted that abortion is wrong. I’ve been texting her, so pray that communication will remain open, and that she will spare the life of this little one.
This week I’ve been emailing Claire, * a woman who is 8 weeks pregnant and is considering abortion, even though she is overwhelmed with grief and pain from a previous abortion.
“When you've had an abortion, it stains you” Claire commented.
It’s hard to hear stories of abortion wreaking havoc on these women, knowing that it already has killed their child. Abortion hurts women because abortion kills children. One third of women under 40 have had an abortion. Deeper Still is a great ministry to help those hurting from abortion and pointing them to Christ: GoDeeperStill.Org
Most of you on my support team are contributing monthly, annually, or quarterly, but some are also giving large and small one-time gifts whenever possible. I just want to say, THANK YOU. God is using all of you to give exactly what I need. Monthly gifts are my favorite because I can count on them each month, but I’m grateful to all of you for your sacrifice. Right now, I’m hoping to begin scheduling fundraising trips throughout this next school year. Do you have a group of pro-life friends that you’d like me to present to? I can give a fundraising presentation, hold a training, or pair training with an outreach.
Contact me anytime to discuss how we’d set up an event.
God bless you!
Rachel Burkey
Rachel@CreatedEqual.Org
Photos:
1) A collage of what a typical day of conversation looks like during our downtown outreaches.
2) At a high school, talking to this student about his values. Who counts as a person, and why? We can either choose abortion, intentionally killing innocent humans, or human equality--but we can’t have both.
3) Our 2019 team of staff & interns.
P.S.: In my March and June updates, I mentioned Dakota,* a mom who saved her baby and for whom we fundraised. Our shopping trip for her is in two weeks. Pray for Dakota as she nears her due date this October, and for Abbie and Claire who are considering abortion.
CLICK HERE to enable my ministry.
*Names changed for privacy.
She thanked me for my concern and let me pray with her before she had to leave. She cried throughout our conversation, showing that she felt convicted that abortion is wrong. I’ve been texting her, so pray that communication will remain open, and that she will spare the life of this little one.
This week I’ve been emailing Claire, * a woman who is 8 weeks pregnant and is considering abortion, even though she is overwhelmed with grief and pain from a previous abortion.
“When you've had an abortion, it stains you” Claire commented.
It’s hard to hear stories of abortion wreaking havoc on these women, knowing that it already has killed their child. Abortion hurts women because abortion kills children. One third of women under 40 have had an abortion. Deeper Still is a great ministry to help those hurting from abortion and pointing them to Christ: GoDeeperStill.Org
Most of you on my support team are contributing monthly, annually, or quarterly, but some are also giving large and small one-time gifts whenever possible. I just want to say, THANK YOU. God is using all of you to give exactly what I need. Monthly gifts are my favorite because I can count on them each month, but I’m grateful to all of you for your sacrifice. Right now, I’m hoping to begin scheduling fundraising trips throughout this next school year. Do you have a group of pro-life friends that you’d like me to present to? I can give a fundraising presentation, hold a training, or pair training with an outreach.
Contact me anytime to discuss how we’d set up an event.
God bless you!
Rachel Burkey
Rachel@CreatedEqual.Org
Photos:
1) A collage of what a typical day of conversation looks like during our downtown outreaches.
2) At a high school, talking to this student about his values. Who counts as a person, and why? We can either choose abortion, intentionally killing innocent humans, or human equality--but we can’t have both.
3) Our 2019 team of staff & interns.
P.S.: In my March and June updates, I mentioned Dakota,* a mom who saved her baby and for whom we fundraised. Our shopping trip for her is in two weeks. Pray for Dakota as she nears her due date this October, and for Abbie and Claire who are considering abortion.
CLICK HERE to enable my ministry.
*Names changed for privacy.



Comments