It's A Boy! Welcoming a Baby Spared from Abortion



It was only back in March when Austin and I met Daneshia. (previously we used the alias “Dakota” for privacy, but she gave permission to use her real name) She cancelled her abortion appointment, walked with me to the pregnancy resource center, and a couple days later told me she was keeping the baby. Two weeks ago, we took her shopping for baby supplies with the money several gave specifically to help her with this little one.  

Daneshia was due on 10/15 but in the early morning on 9/15/19 her water broke. A few hours later baby Dreden was born! One month early, he weighed 7lbs. 3oz. and was 19” long. Austin and I just met little Dreden at the hospital. I wish you could have been there! He has a full head of soft, dark, curly hair, and is just perfect. 
 
God is so good! I’ve prayed for several years that I would get to hold and meet a baby that God spared from abortion through our work. 

Today He said yes to that prayer and I am in tears.

God is using you, my support team, to make all of this happen. Thank you! I am currently scheduling fundraising trips throughout this next spring semester. Do you have a group of pro-life friends that you’d like me to present to? I can give a fundraising presentation, hold a training, or pair training with an outreach. Contact me anytime to discuss how we’d set up an event. 
 
When I heard the news of Dreden’s birth, I was on the road back to Ohio from a week of outreach in Texas, where we just finished up our first week of the fall Road Trip For Life. We joined Michael Lockwood’s (one of our former interns) pro-life group at the University of Texas – Dallas for an outreach there, and then stopped at several campuses throughout Houston as well as the democratic debates at Texas Southern University. 
104 people that we know of, changed their minds on abortion during the week, and the gospel was shared with many.  
 
With gratitude, 
Rachel Burkey

Photos:
1) Shopping with Daneshia. =) 
2) The van before unloading supplies. 
3) Austin took this picture of me holding baby Dreden in the NICU. Please pray for his continued growth and health, and for mama’s quick recovery. This world is filled with death and destruction that we witness every day. It’s so encouraging that God allowed us to meet little Dreden! 
4) The fall Road Trip For Life Texas team. L-R: Sam, myself, Grace, Ava – our newest team member – and Vannie (Evangeline). 
5) My friend, Austin, on the left sharing with a student during a local high school outreach. 


CLICK HERE to enable my ministry.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curing Misconceptions About Abortion

A Crazy Week in Washington

December 2016 - Reflection